Chow chow / bangalore kathirikai - ( only the skin , little fresh with skin is ok)
urad dal - 1 tbsp
tamarind - small piece
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- in a wok add 1 tsp oil and add urad dal , red chilly , hing, tamarind, .
- fry till golden , remove and keep aside .
- in the same wok add 1 tsp oil and fry the chow chow skin .
- fry for 2 min on a medium flame and remove.
- add salt and keep aside. allow it to cool.
- then 1st grind the chow chow , tamarind, red chilly, hing, adding little water as required.
- then add the urad dal and grind . ( turn a second in mixy )
- remove and transfer it to a bowl .
- can mix with plain rich and have , good with idly , dosa.....
- (make it little spicy)