Tuesday, February 23, 2010

CARROT GARLIC KOSMALI

Last yr when i visited my sister in law's place at rourkela,we were invited for lunch by my sister-in law's neighbour,a jovial gujarati couple. it was a sumptuous gujarati feast but what stood deeply rooted in my memory was this dishwhich had a pungent taste & left me licking my fingers.( before i forget,i woud like to mention that i have a weakness for onion/garlic.)

Ingredients:

1. Carrot -2 medium size - finely chopped
2. chilly powder - 2 tsp
3. salt to taste
4. gingery oil /til oil- 2-3 tbsp
to grind:
1. garlic-1 handful
2. dhaniya/corriander seeds-5 tsp
3. juice of half lemon
grind to a paste without adding water
(but i added little water ,since the quantity was very less)
Method:

1. In a bowl add the carrot, chilly powder, salt, & the ground paste.
2. add til oil & mix well.
3. serve with parathas

1 comment: